1.Words & phrases : keep out , loud , argue , What’s wrong ? football , either , except , themselves , include ,etc .
2.情态动词could /should 的用法。
3.Why don’t you … ?结构表建议的运用。
Important and difficult points (教学重难点)
1.should /could 情态动词的用法。
教具： a tape recorder5 , cards .
Teaching procedures(教学步骤) (教学过程)
Step 1 Leading in(导入话题，激活背景知识)
1. Greetings and free talk .
2. Check the Homework(家庭作业) .
Step 2 Pre-task(任务前活动)
T: I want to buy a new guitar but I don’t have enough money .What should I do ?
Ss think it over ,and try to give his/her advice .
Write their advice on the Bb .
1. Borrow one . 2. Buy a second-hand guitar .
3. Get a part-time job . 4. Don’t buy a guitar .
5. Wait until next year .
Practice reading the advice by the Ss .
导入: In this unit we are going to talk about problems people have and learn how to give these people advice –to tell people what we think they should do .
Step 3 While-task(任务中活动)SB Page 10 , 1a .
1. Read the instructions to the Ss . 2. Read the problems by the Ss .
3. Ask Ss to write the problems in the “Serious” or “Not serious” columns .
4.Explain . 5. Talk about the answers with the class .Practice reading .
SB Page 10 , 1b .
Make sure the Ss understand what should they do .Play the tape twice .Ss circle the problems they hear .Play the tape a third time .Check the answers .
Step 4 Post-task(任务后活动)SB Page 10 , 1c .
Look at the problems in activity 1a and make conversations .
Step 5 While-task(任务中活动)SB Page 11 , 2a .
1. Read the instructions .Make sure the Ss understand what should they do .
2. Point to the sentences below .
3. Play the tape the first time .Ss only listen .Pay attention to Peter’s friend’s advice .
4. Play the tape again .Ss circle “could” or “should” .
5. Correct the answers .
SB Page 11 , 2b .
Read the instructions .Pay attention to Peter’s answers .Play the tape again .Check the answers .
Step 7 Post-task(任务后活动)
Make conversations with peter and his friend with the help of 2a & 2b .
Step 8 Grammar Focus
Review the grammar box .Ss say the questions and the responses .Explain the differences between could/should .
1. Go over the words .
2. My clothes are out of style ,what should I do ? Please give the advice .
Unit 1 Playing Sports
Topic 1 Are you going to play basketball?
The main activities are 1a and 2. 本课重点活动是1a和2。
Ⅰ.Teaching aims and demands 教学目标
1. Learn some new words and phrases:
almost, against, term, cheer, cheer … on, team, win, row, quite, bit, quite a bit / a lot, join, club, skate, volleyball, tennis, table tennis
2. Learn some useful sentences:
(1)I saw you play basketball almost every day during the summer holidays.
(2)Would you like to come and cheer us on?
3. Learn the future tense with be going to:
(1)We are going to have a basketball game against Class Three on Sunday.
(2)Are you going to join the school rowing club?
4. Talk about preferences:
—Which sport do you prefer, cycling or rowing?
—I prefer rowing.
5. Talk about sports and games.
Ⅱ. Teaching aids 教具
Ⅲ. Five-finger Teaching Plan 五指教学方案
Step 1 Review 第一步 复习(时间:7分钟)
T: Welcome back to school, boys and girls. The new term begins. This is our first English lesson this term. Did you enjoy yourselves during your summer holidays? What did you do during your holidays? Did you do sports during your summer holidays?
T: We all know doing sports is good for our health. Now let’s review some sports and learn some new ones.
T: Look at the picture. Do you know what they are doing? S1, please.
S1: They are playing basketball.
T: Do you like playing basketball?
S1: Yes, I do. / No, I don’t.
T: How many players are there in the basketball team?
S1: There are five players.
T: What are they doing? S2, do you know?
S2: They are playing volleyball. (教师帮助该生回答。)
(用同样的方式引出生词cycle, row, skate, tennis, table tennis, ski。)
(板书，并让学生跟读，要求学生理解cycle, ski;掌握row, skate, tennis, table tennis。)
cycle, row, skate, tennis, table tennis, ski
T: Which sport do you like better, cycling or rowing?
T: Good! The phrase “like … better” means “prefer”.
T: S4, which sport do you prefer, basketball or soccer?
S4: I prefer basketball.
Step 2 Presentation 第二步 呈现(时间:10分钟)
通过师生对话，呈现1a中部分生词及功能句，并使学生初步掌握be going to句型。
1. (利用plan to do sth.，导入“be going to+do”结构。)
T: I’m very glad you all like doing sports and know a lot about them. Do you want to play volleyball tomorrow afternoon? S1, please.
S¬1: Yes, I do.
T: So you plan to play volleyball tomorrow afternoon, right?
T: OK. When we plan to do something, we can say we are going to do something.
be going to do sth.
T: When I tell you my plan, you retell it with be going to. OK, boys and girls?
T: I plan to go out for dinner tonight. S2, please.
S2: You are going to go out for dinner tonight.
T: I plan to climb mountains tomorrow. S3, please.
S3: You are going to climb mountains tomorrow.
T: Good! When we express something that is going to happen or we plan to do something, we can use be going to.
2. (教师让几个学生说说明天户外活动的打算，并引出be going to结构的一般疑问句式，过渡到1a。)
T: OK, S4, please tell me what you plan to do tomorrow afternoon.
S4: I’m going to swim with my brother tomorrow afternoon.
T: Are you going to swim?
S4: Yes, I am.
—Are you going to swim?
—Yes, I am.
3. (展示一幅即将进行篮球赛的海报，引出单词against, cheer和短语cheer … on。)
T: Now look at the poster. Here is the news. Our class is going to have a basketball game against Class 3 at 5:00 this afternoon. Would you like to cheer them on?
Ss:Yes, we’d love to./I’d love to.
against, cheer, cheer ... on
T: Look at this picture. They are Kangkang and Michael. What are they talking about? Can you guess? Please listen to 1a and then answer the following questions.
(1) Which class is Michael’s class going to play against?
(2) Is Kangkang going to cheer them on?
basketball—saw—play—almost—every day—against—Sunday—game—term—come— cheer … on—I’d love to—hope—win
Step 3 Consolidation 第三步 巩固(时间:10分钟)
T: OK. Now you can use the key words above to act out the dialog in roles.
2. (教师引导学生，通过讨论新学期的计划来操练be going to+do句型。)
T: S1, what are you going to do this term?
S1: I’m going to learn English better.
T: What about you, S2?
S2: I’m going to study math hard.
T: Oh, it’s a good plan. S3, do you know what your partner is going to do?
S3: Yes. He is going to learn rowing.
T: Discuss with your partner what you are going to do this term.
3. (创设情景，依据1a编对话，巩固1a及be going to+do句型，完成1b。)
T: Just now you talked about your plans for this term. Now suppose you meet your classmate on the playground and you want to talk about your plans for this week. Please make a similar conversation with your partner according to 1a. You can use the key words on the blackboard.
be going to, play, I’m afraid, homework, summer, play against, I hope
S4: Hi, S5.
S5: Hi, S4. I am going to play … Are you going to play with us?
S4: I’m afraid I can’t. I have to do my homework first. By the way, I saw you play … almost every day during the summer holidays.
S5: Yes. You know I am going to play in the … game against Class 2 this Saturday. Would you like to come and cheer us on?
S4: Of course. I’d love to. And I hope you will win.
(教师出示2中运动项目的图片，引导学生巩固be going to + do句型，使他们熟练掌握其用法，并自然过渡到2。)
Step 4 Practice 第四步 练习(时间:10分钟)
完成2和3，培养学生听说能力，并通过大量操练，使他们熟练运用含有be going to的一般疑问句及掌握prefer的用法。
1. (通过看图片，练习be going to的用法，导入2。)
T: Look at the pictures, what are they going to do?
Ss: (Picture 1) They are going to go skating.
(Picture 2) They are going to go skiing.
T: Which sport do you prefer, … or …?
S1: I prefer …
T: What about you, S2?
S2: I prefer …
T: S3, do you often go swimming?
S3: Yes, very often.
T: Good. You can also say “quite a lot/a bit”. “Do you often go swimming?” means “Do you go swimming much?”
(板书，并领读，要求学生掌握quite, bit和quite a lot/a bit。)
very often = quite a lot/a bit
I go swimming very often.= I go swimming much.
T: S4, do you go rowing much?
S4: Yes, quite a lot/a bit.
T: S5, do you go skiing much?
S5: Yes, quite a lot / a bit.(肯)
S6: No, seldom.(否)
T: Oh, you don’t like sports. It isn’t good. I think you should join a sports club, and maybe you will like sports there.
T: Discuss with your partner which sports club you would like to join.
S7: I am going to join the school rowing club.
T: Michael and Kangkang like doing sports a lot. Do you want to know what sports they often do on weekends? Listen to the tape, then fill in the chart in 3.
3. (做一个运用“be going to+do”句型的游戏。)
(挑选若干学生上台，做关于运动的动作，该动作要能使同学们明白并成功猜出运动名称。猜到的同学要用be going to+do询问做动作的同学，以证实自己的猜测是否正确。)
T: Please do an action about your favorite sport.
S9: Are you going to play basketball?
S10: No, I’m not.
S9: Are you going to play volleyball?
S10: Yes, I am.
1) 能掌握以下单词：anyone, anywhere, wonderful, quite a few, most, something, nothing, everyone, of course, myself, yourself
① —where did you go on vacation? —i went to the mountains.
② —where did tina to on vacation? —she went to the beach.
③ —did you go with anyone? —yes, i did./no, i didn’t.
—复合不定代词someone, anyone, something, anything等 的用法。
1) 复合不定代词someone, anyone, something, anything等 的用法。
2) yourself, myself等反身代词的用法。
1. show some pictures on the big screen. let ss read the expressions.
2. focus attention on the picture. ask: what can you see? say: each picture shows something a person did in the past. name each activity and ask students to repeat:
stayed at home, went to mountains, went to new york city 6. went to the beach,visited my uncle, visited museums, went to summer camp
3. now, please match each phrase with one of the pictures next to the name of theactivity，point to the sample answer.
4. check the answers. answers: 1. f 2. b 3. g 4. e 5. c 6. a 7. d
1. point to the picture on the screen.
say: look at the picture a. where did tina go on vacation? she went to mountains.
ask: what did the person do in each picture?
2. play the recording the first time.
3. play the recording a second time.
say: there are three conversations. the people talk about what did on vacation. listen to the recording and write numbers of the names in the right boxes of the picture.
4. check the answers.
1. point out the sample conversation. ask two ss to read the conversation to the class.
2. now work with a partner. make your own conversation about the people in the picture.
3. ss work in pairs. as they talk, move around the classroom and give any help they need.
4. let some pairs act out their conversations.
1. tell ss they will hear a conversation about three students’ conversations. listen for the first time and fill in the chart. then listen again and check yes, or no.
2. let ss read the phrases in the chart of 2b.
3. play the recording the first time. ss listen and fill in the chart.
4. play the recording a second time for the ss to check “yes, i did.” or “no, i didn’t. ”
5. check the answers with the ss.
vi. pair work
1. let two ss read the conversation between grace, kevin and julie.
2. let ss work in pairs and try to role-play the conversation.
3. ask some pairs to act out their conversations.
1. first let ss read the conversation and match the people and places they went.
2. let ss act out the conversations in pairs.
3. some explanations in 2d.
a: where did you go…?
b: i went to…
a: did you see…
b: yes, i did. / no, i didn’t.
section a 1 (1a-2d)
anyone, someone, everyone, something, anything, everything
where did you go on vacation? did you do anything special?
i went to new york city. did you go anywhere interesting?
where did she go on vacation? most of the time
she went to the mountains.